Relationship Warning Signs
- Do you feel nervous around your boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner?
- Do you have to be careful to control your behavior to avoid their anger?
- Do you feel pressured by them when it comes to sex?
- Are you scared of disagreeing with them?
- Do they criticize you, or humiliate you in front of other people?
- Are they always checking up or questioning you about what you do without them?
- Do they repeatedly and wrongly accuse you of seeing or flirting with other people?
- Do they tell you that if you changed they wouldn’t abuse you?
- Does their jealousy stop you from seeing friends or family?
- Do they make you feel like you are wrong, stupid, crazy, or inadequate?
- Have they ever scared you with violence or threatening behavior?
- Do you often do things to please them, rather than please yourself?
- Do they prevent you from going out or doing things you want to do?
- Do you feel that, with them, nothing you do is ever good enough?
- Do they say that they will kill or hurt themselves if you break up with them?
- Do they make excuses for their behavior, for example by saying it’s because of alcohol or drugs, or because they can’t control their temper, or that they were ‘just joking’?
|Injunction for Protection Instructions|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Shelter: 352-622-8495
(free counseling for adults & children)
|Child Advocacy Center: 352-873-4739
(free counseling for children witnessing domestic violence, parent support groups)
|Injunction Office: 352-671-5568|
|Police Dept. Main: 352- 369-7070|
|Police Records: 352-369-7090|
|Victim Advocates: 352-369-7139 or 352-369-7134|
Marion County Jail: 352-351-8077
|State Attorney’s Office: 352-671-5800|