Important Phone Numbers
- Ocala Police Department Victim Advocates: 369-7139 or 7134
- Sheriff’s Dept Crisis Intervention Specialist: 732-8181
- Domestic Violence Shelter 24hr Hotline: 622-8495
It’s not your fault if you are being abused. You deserve to be treated with respect. If someone you know is being abused, please encourage them to call for assistance.
Help Is Available…. Police, safe shelter, transportation, injunctions for protection, loaner cell phones, relocation assistance, address confidentiality program, housing assistance, free counseling for victims & their children, Crimes compensation, free legal aid and Victim Advocates………..
Do you Suspect?
What can friends or loved ones do? Whether you’re a co-worker, friend, or relative you can report abuse to law enforcement if you hear or witness anything. You can also say:
- I am afraid for your safety
- The abuse will only get worse
- You don’t deserve to live in fear
- There is help available
- I’m afraid for the safety of your children
- I’m here for you if you decide to leave
**Advocates can provide free training, call for more information.