The Ocala Police Department Records Section’s vision is to maintain the integrity and security of the records entrusted within, serve the public, and act as a support unit for the Police Department.
Under the direction of the Records Manager, the section is staffed with six Records Technicians and one Lead Records Technician. Our section is your link to information housed within the department and you can expect courteous, efficient and prompt customer service from our staff.
The Records Section endeavors to provide high level customer service. Any public record request may be made at the Ocala Police Department:
• In person: by visiting the Records section, located at the Ocala Police Department Headquarters building. The Records Section is open to the public Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Drive-thru window is Tuesday-Thursday 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM
Closed on holidays and weekends
• By phone: Monday – Friday by calling the Records Section phone line at (352) 369-7090.
• By email: at email@example.com
• By postal mail: Reports requested by mail must include the required fee along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
The basic fees for copies of reports are:
.15¢ per single-sided copy
.20¢ per double-sided copy
$1.00 per certified page
• Section 316.066, Florida Statutes, requires that a written report be made of certain vehicular accidents. Traffic crash reports are exempt from public disclosure for 60 days after the date the report is filed, the party involved in the crash (owner or operator of the vehicle), their legal representative, or their license agent, must complete an affidavit specifying why you are entitled to that report. This statute also provides criminal penalties (third degree felony) for the unlawful disclosure of confidential personal information and for unlawfully obtaining or attempting to obtain confidential personal information
TRAFFIC CRASH REPORT AFFIDAVIT LINK
• Parents of a minor involved: Must have birth certificate or legal document for guardian/adoptive parent. You may use the below link to print an Adobe PDF copy of the affidavit.
• Business/entity involved: Must have a letter on letterhead for the requesting individual.
If you are requesting your report by mail, please provide Records with a signed and notarized copy of the crash report affidavit along with your request. After 60 days the affidavit is not required to obtain an accident report.
• Accident reports may also be obtained, for a fee, from www.buycrash.com
• Accidents over a year old may be obtained by contacting Tallahassee at: (850)-617-3414 or (850-617-3416.
• Please be sure to include as much information as possible, such as, the case number, date, location and type of incident when making your request.
Click the below link to view the tow companies utilized by the Ocala Police Department.
TOW COMPANY LINK
Equipment Violations Citations:
The Ocala Police Department can only do inspections for citations for Florida Statutes 316.610 and 316.2935. The cost is $4.00 to the department and there is an additional fee that is paid at the Courthouse.
Immigration/Visa and local Background checks are only conducted for incidents that happen within the City limits.
Fees: There is no fee for background checks.
Tuesday- Thursday 8:00-4:00 PM
Fees: Cash or Check Only