The Ocala Police Department serves the City of Ocala, located in North Central Florida. The Department has 180 sworn Officers and approximately 100 full and part-time civilian employees. Our mission is to safeguard life and property, fight crime, and maintain order through officer/community collaboration.
"We proudly pledge to serve all citizens with respect,
and are committed to protecting life and property."
- Prevent crime by reducing the opportunities for such crimes to be committed and the desire of citizens to commit them.
- Identify and apprehend criminal offenders and present professional testimony in court proceedings.
- Create and maintain a feeling of security in our community.
- Facilitate the safe movement of people and vehicles.
- Provide an organizational environment facilitating the achievement of the Department’s mission, vision, and goals through teamwork, while providing for the needs of our citizens and employees.