Applications Now Being Accepted for the 2018-2019 City of Ocala Community Cash Sponsorship Program
OCALA, Fla. (March 9, 2018) – The City of Ocala is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Community Cash Sponsorship Program through Tuesday, May 1. Please note that the policy, application and application process have been revised for the upcoming funding cycle.
The City of Ocala Community Cash Sponsorship Policy was set forth by the Ocala City Council to provide funding for non-profit, tax-exempt, government or for-profit community support organizations and/or events.
Funding requests will be separated into three funding categories:
- Social Service programs
- Education programs
- Event sponsorships
The maximum amount available for Social Service and Education programs is $10,000. The maximum amount available for Event Sponsorship is $50,000. City Council will appropriate a maximum combined allocation for all categories as part of the annual budget process. Approved sponsorship applications will be determined by Council and announced in October each year.
- Any organization wishing to apply for funding from the City of Ocala must complete and file an application for funding by Tuesday, May 1. Application forms are available in the Office of Budget and Management (110 SE Watula Ave., third floor) or online at http://www.ocalafl.org/government/city-departments/finance/community-cash-sponsorship-information
- The information provided by the applicant will be reviewed by the Office of Budget and Management for completeness. If complete, the application will be provided to the Application Review Committee for scoring.
- The City Manager will submit all funding requests as part of the City Budget to City Council for their review and consideration to accept or deny the funding request.
- City Council will have the final determination as to whether the application is approved or denied.
- Funding by the City to an organization shall not impose or create any future obligation by the City for ongoing support.
- Each approved sponsorship grant requires the applicant or their designee to provide City Council with a written and oral report at a future regular City Council meeting to report the actual achieved outcomes resulting from the use of granted funds.
All applicants are required to submit the application in person or via email to email@example.com by Tuesday, May 1. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applicants may submit additional information related to the funding request.
For more information, please call the City of Ocala Office of Budget and Management at 352-401-3914 or visit www.ocalafl.org.