34th Annual Light Up Ocala is Saturday, Nov. 18
OCALA, Fla. (Nov. 8, 2017) – It’s that time of year again! Light Up Ocala returns to downtown Ocala Saturday, Nov. 18 from 4 to 9 p.m.
This year’s event will feature four stages throughout the downtown area with entertainment and more than 100 vendors the whole family will enjoy. Entertainment will include live music, dance, food, crafts, and of course, the annual holiday tree lighting ceremony at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Stage One – Sponsored by Ocala Health and WOCA
- Downtown Square – SE Broadway and Magnolia Avenue
- Stage Two – Sponsored by Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Citizens’ Circle – Fort King Street and Osceola Avenue
- Stage Three – Sponsored by Campus USA Credit Union
- North Lot – Corner of NE First Street and NE First Avenue
- Stage Four – Sponsored by the Ocala/Marion County Association of Realtors and the Mojo Grill and Catering Company
- Marion Theatre – Magnolia Avenue and Fort King Street
At 4:30 p.m., the Junior Sunshine Parade will begin at the corner of SE First Avenue and E Fort King Street. The parade will make its way through the downtown area, going past the gazebo on Broadway, up to NE First Street, then returning to Citizens’ Circle, 151 SE Osceola Ave. The parade will include performances from local dance studios, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts Troops, as well as Cub Scouts Packs and a special appearance by the man himself, Santa!
“Whoville featuring the Grinch” also returns to Light Up Ocala this year. This year, Whoville will be located at the courtyard of the Brick City Café, 10 NE First St. Complimentary photo opportunities will be available with the Grinch and the Whos of Whoville.
The “Let’s Skate Ocala” ice rink will also be open at its new location in Tuscawilla Park through Sunday, Dec. 31. Admission is $5 per person for a 30-minute session and includes skates. The rink is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m., Fridays from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturdays from noon to 10 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 6 p.m.
Free shuttle rides will be available for guests throughout the event:
- The first shuttle will pick up guests at the Marion Technical Institute parking lot, 1614 SE Fort King St., and will drop guests off at the intersection of SE Osceola Avenue and SE Third Street. This shuttle will run approximately every 20 minutes between 3:45 and 9:30 p.m.
- The second shuttle will pick up guests at the Let’s Skate Ocala ice rink located in Tuscawilla Park, 500 NE Sanchez Ave., and will drop guests off at the intersection of NE Osceola Avenue and State Road 40. This shuttle will run approximately every 10 minutes between 3:45 and 9 p.m.
Free parking will also be available in the downtown parking garage located at 296 SE Broadway St. throughout the event, as well as the County Courthouse parking garage located at 110 NW First Ave. from 3 to 10 p.m.
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department at 352-368-5517.