Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Important Phone Numbers

  • Ocala Police Department Victim Advocates: 369-7139 or 7134
  • Sheriff’s Dept Crisis Intervention Specialist: 732-8181
  • Domestic Violence Shelter 24hr Hotline: 622-8495

Relationship Warning Signs

  • Do you feel nervous around your boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner?
  • Do you have to be careful to control your behavior to avoid their anger?
  • Do you feel pressured by them when it comes to sex?
  • Are you scared of disagreeing with them?
  • Do they criticize you, or humiliate you in front of other people?
  • Are they always checking up or questioning you about what you do without them?
  • Do they repeatedly and wrongly accuse you of seeing or flirting with other people?
  • Do they tell you that if you changed they wouldn’t abuse you?
  • Does their jealousy stop you from seeing friends or family?
  • Do they make you feel like you are wrong, stupid, crazy, or inadequate?
  • Have they ever scared you with violence or threatening behavior?
  • Do you often do things to please them, rather than please yourself?
  • Do they prevent you from going out or doing things you want to do?
  • Do you feel that, with them, nothing you do is ever good enough?
  • Do they say that they will kill or hurt themselves if you break up with them?
  • Do they make excuses for their behavior, for example by saying it’s because of alcohol or drugs, or because they can’t control their temper, or that they were ‘just joking’?

Get Help

It’s not your fault if you are being abused. You deserve to be treated with respect. If someone you know is being abused, please encourage them to call for assistance.

Help Is Available…. Police, safe shelter, transportation, injunctions for protection, loaner cell phones, relocation assistance, address confidentiality program, housing assistance, free counseling for victims & their children, Crimes compensation, free legal aid and Victim Advocates………..

Do you Suspect?

What can friends or loved ones do? Whether you’re a co-worker, friend, or relative you can report abuse to law enforcement if you hear or witness anything. You can also say:

  • I am afraid for your safety
  • The abuse will only get worse
  • You don’t deserve to live in fear
  • There is help available
  • I’m afraid for the safety of your children
  • I’m here for you if you decide to leave

**Advocates can provide free training, call for more information.