News List

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Hoverboard Catches on Fire while Charging in Ocala Home

Post Date:08/20/2017
At 6:44 PM, Ocala Fire Rescue was dispatched to the 5000 block of SW 41st Street, where a residential structure fire was reported. Firefighters arrived at a single-story structure with smoke coming from the garage. Making entry and identifying a hoverboard as the source of the fire, crews attached the flames. The fire was extinguished within two minutes of arrival, preventing spread from the point of origin to the structure. No injuries were reported.

Ocala Fire Rescue reminds everyone that hoverboards, like any electronic device, should be monitored while plugged in, to minimize the risk of fires caused by overcharging or system malfunction.


                                                                                                  ###